Saturday, November 20, 2010

MY SISTER ROCKS!!!!!


I just returned from San Antonio, I was there to help cheer my little sister Michelle and her team "RBR" in their first 1/2 Marathon Run. It was all soooo exciting to see so many runners, 30,000 + runners.


Congrats to Michelle and her teammates "RBR"!!!


Great run....she finished at 2:59:54.



After all the walking my Aunt Dorothy and I did (which was no where near the 13.1 miles my sister ran... LOL), it felt as if we had run the marathon. We were sooo tired that as soon as we got home we fell asleep.

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Hi Irma! Glad you had fun in Texas. Take care.

Betty's corner of the world said...

Congratulations to Michelle ..great job! ..My son is an endurance runner and he started at the Los Angeles Marathon .. he now runs 100 plus mile races I had the privilege of going to see him run in the Boston Marathon a few years ago ..So the running world is very exciting to me ..I know how much work it takes and also how tired you get ..although I've never run one ..But I'm with you Irma..I get tired just being at one with all the walking.
Hugz to you, your sister and her team .. they make me proud. ♥

Cindy said...

Congrats! Congrats! What a great accomplishment! I know you are so proud! Your sister is inspiring!

-c

Paula said...

Wow- that is awesome, Irma!! I am very impressed with your sister!!
Go Michelle!!

Deanna said...

Congratulations to Michelle..what a girl!

I wish I had known you were going to be in town...I would have loved to have met up with you. Let me know next time and maybe we can have dinner somewhere.

Hugs,
Deanna :D