Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Girls Are Here to Stay!

Guess who came to dinner and stayed? The Girls, yes, I got 8 little fluffs of downy feathery baby chicks. I actually went to the feed store to buy corn seeds and asked if they had any baby chicks and they said Yes. Well, I brought them all home with me. Now I need to name them. So far I have named three of them. Buttercup, Freckles and Red. I still haven't thought of the other five names yet. I need to take a closer look at the others tomorrow to see what makes them each stand out. But, right now, I am so happy they are here. Now I need to start planning on building their home. We got Americanas, they are the ones who lay the blue and green eggs or as Martha Stewart would say " The Easter colored eggs"

I think I will take them for an outing tomorrow to see their surroundings, of course this outing will be supervised.
Until tomorrow.
Hugs :)
Irma

5 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

awwww, they're so adorable and fluffy!!! I bought two little black ones for my Dad one time, they were just so cute...and loud. LOL!!
♥ Teresa

Farmchick said...

I love baby chicks...they are just so sweet. Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks too for always leaving a comment! I really enjoyed reading through your blog. Have a good day!! :)

Linda Jo said...

They are sooo cute!!! Can't you make them pose for the camera, Irma? rofl You should have a naming contest!

Nancy said...

I am in awe of anyone who can keep these little chicks. Good for you!

Mom of 2 Roses said...

How sweet! I love my chickens. I could watch them for hours.
Hugs,
Laurie