Sunday, February 24, 2008

Is It Spring Cleaning Time?

It was a gorgeous sunny day today! I was all energetic and gung ho, ready to start cleaning flower beds, tilling the garden, planting, mowing, cleaning out the garage, cleaning out my cottage, making crafts, hey even washing the SUV and dogs while at it. Then, I got tired, just thinking of all the things that need tending to. I settled for cleaning my cottage. My adorable husband hired a friend who does carpentry work to add onto our garage so that I can have my dream cottage, it was my Christmas present to me back in 2006. I don't really have the space in my home to craft, so my own cottage was the solution (truth be told, he really got tired of drinking his coffee and eating supper next to frosty ornaments and not knowing if he was adding sugar or was it glitter and sequins to his coffee). The cottage is a 24 ft x 32 ft room. The inside is not complete yet. It's a work in progress, but I do have all of my goodies inside already just waiting to be born.
Thanks for all of you who read my previous post regarding my dilemma and for offering your help and just to let you know that I might be contacting you if I haven't figured out how to post pictures ( My son said he would try to help me, he's a whiz
on computers, at least compared to me).

New subject: "Giveaway"
Please visit the Garden Goose http://gardengoose.blogspot.com and enter to win. She is having a giveaway on Feb. 29th

6 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

You have to figure out the picture thing to show us the cottage!

Shawnee said...

Hi there -- I saw a comment you posted on my Flirty Apron Swap blog. Are you signed up to participate? The giveaway is limited to participants but we'd LOVE to have you!

Email me-
shawneeh (at) yahoo (dot) come

Erin~~The Classy Rabbit~~ said...

Hi Irma!

I just discovered you this evening, so my welcome to blogland message is a little bit late but a great big WELCOME anyway!! You are so right, this is addicting. I find myself staying up late some nights catching up on blog reading and always finding new blogs to explore. It has opened up a whole new world of ideas and inspiration. I'm always getting so many new and fun ideas from people.

I can't wait to see pictures of your cottage!! I'll be back to visit again soon!

~Erin

Vickie said...

Hi, Irma - didn't know ya'll had a hurricane scare! Where was I? Home sick in bed with some kind of nasty cold or flu. I haven't worked this week.

DO find a way to post your pics of your cottage! I'd love to see it - yes, if it doesn't rain this weekend (which they do have showers in the forecast) I am going to get busy with my garden. I'm eager to get started! Take care - I'll check back with you -- lucky you to have your own cottage! Vickie

barb said...

Thanks for stopping by PBE and hope you try the cookies if you do please let us know.

Love your blog that is now bookmarked in my favs.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hello From Brooklyn, NY, Irma! Welcome to blogging! Your cottage sounds like a dream -- you are very lucky!
I am a fairly new blogger myself, and I found this web site helpful for tips and help:

http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/2007/02/three-columns-blogger-template.html

Have a great day! Patricia