Thursday, March 6, 2008

Gloomy Rainy Day

These past few days have been so busy. A friend of mine asked if I would help her at the elections poll on Tuesday. Well, I have never done this before so it was a little scary. We had to go to a meeting on Monday and then pick up the polling information. Well, they could not find the box with all of the voter information for our precinct We had to leave without our box. They said, we will call you back when we locate it. Well, it turns out the box had already been delivered to our location to vote. Thank goodness, (we were getting worried).
We had to be there on Tuesday morning at 6:00 am (this means getting up at 5:00 am for me to get ready). I'm a morning person but not that early of a morning person. To top it off, I was so excited, I could not sleep. I think I fell asleep at 2:00 am to get up at 5:00 am. NOT A GOOD THING. When we got to our location the voting machine was there, however nobody said we were to put it together. My friend and I felt like Lucy and Ethel . We first put the legs on backwards then we could not understand why so short and it was tilting forward at that. So we got the legs facing the correct way and it turns out we did not pull the floor legs out enough to stabilize it and the reason why is was short was due to we had the handicap voter machine. Our town is so small we only had one machine for the Democrats and one for the Republicans. They had the palm pilot and we were given the clock. Working from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm , I thought would seem like forever for that length of time. Well amazingly it went by fast, met many neighbors and new neighbors and made many new friends. So glad when it was over. I was exhausted, slept practically all day Wednesday. Of, course did get up to check some bloggs but back to bed after that.
I think I am back to normal again since I rested. Will have to see how it goes for us again in November. I'm a verteran at this now. Ha Ha, NOT.

Well, its a rainy day Thursday. Those darn mail faeries somehow lost my giveaway prize from Ms. Holly Doodles, and now that I have learned how to post my pictures. I'm sure they made their home in that beautifut rose nut cup and are dancing on top of the sparkly sparkles making their dresses out of the dainty flowers. Oh well (sigh), maybe next time around they won't be so mischievous.

No comments: